Thursday 9 October 2008

Churme ke Laddu

My mouth starts watering by just thinking of these delicious laddus. They have been my all time favourite since childhood. My love for sweets is indefinable, so much so that my mother used to tease me that we will marry you to a halwai (the person who makes and sell sweets), when you grow up and instead of getting irritated i simply used to love the idea. But the time has gone and now i am married to a software engineer and the only way i can relish these sweets is by making them myself ;) So here is the recipe of my favourite "LADDUS". This is basically a Rajasthani dish and is mostly served along with Daal Batti but there is no reason why we cant make these without the other two. And so here it goes like this....

Ingredients:
  • Wheat Flour : 4cups
  • Sugar : 2 cups
  • Ghee : around 3-4 cups
  • Turmeric powder : 1tsp
  • Dry Fruits (cashew nuts & Almonds (coarsely chopped) and musk melon seeds)
  • Cardamom Pods : 7-8

Method:
  1. Take wheat flour in a wide woke or thali and add turmeic powder to it.
  2. Now warm 1/2 - 1 cup ghee and add it to the flour and mix it properly by rubbing it between your palms and knead it to a dough using luke warm water.
  3. Make Rots (thick chapaties) out of the dough (will make around 5-6 chappaties depending on the thickness of it).
  4. Let them cool and then crush them into small pieces first using your hands and then grind them into the coarse powder using the grinder.
  5. Seave out the bigger particles if any.
  6. Now add sugar, cardamom powder, dry fruits and around 2 cups of luke warm ghee to the grinded powder, mix it properly and make medium sized laddus out of that.

Makes around 12-15 medium sized laddus.

2 comments:

Bhagyashri said...

Welcome to the world of blogging dear!
This recipe is a must try for me now! I had loved them at your place :)

Archana said...

Thanks bhagyashri :)....I owe my interest in bloggin to u!!! and u are truely aware of that ;)